Here at Channon Williamson Photography
Our approach is centered, quite simply, around YOU.
So we’ve had our coffee date and we have you booked in, the next step is your newborn session
We put your due date into the diary and firm up a date once your baby arrives safely.
Newborn sessions take place on weekday mornings at my studio in Lesmurdie.
Don’t stress once your all booked in – we will also send you a comprehensive guide on how to prepare and what to bring along.
We also include professional make up for the new mum – she most certainly deserves to be pampered and look her best in her photos.
We pride ourselves on exceptional customer service and a commitment to each family’s relationship and the creation of unique art for their home.
Here’s what you need to know about getting your newborn photos doneat Channon Williamson Photography
- My top priority when photographing your newborn baby is SAFETY
- The best time to have your newborn baby photographed is between 7 – 16 days old. If siblings are involved, there is a honeymoon period of about 7 days. So if possible try to schedule your newborn photo session when baby is 7 days old. For first time parents, I find the 15 day mark to be best. This gives baby as well as mum and dad time to adjust to their new roles as parents. BUT it depends on your circumstances – so it’s not a hard and fast room. I am very flexible.
- I specialise in slightly older and awake babies – up to 28 days old so you don’t miss out
- Newborn photography sessions take place at my studio in Lesmurdie, Perth, on weekday mornings. I am only 30 – 40 minutes from most locations within Perth.
- Your newborn photo session will take approximately 2 – 3 hours. This is to allow time to settle, feed and cuddle your baby and to slowly and safely wrap and guide them into poses.
- HERE is an example of what you can expect from a typical newborn photo session
- I usually spend 45 minutes on family and sibling images, if you are having these, and the rest of the session is focused on baby only.
- Watch this short video to give you an idea of what to expect.
- My approach is that it should be an enjoyable experience and you should feel satisfied and treated like a VIP. I will take the time to ensure that you are photographed in the most flattering angles and lighting possible. It is all part of our service to do touch-ups of spots, scratches etc, on all your photos. I am a boutique photography studio and am focused on quality of work and customer service, not quantity of clients. You can be assured that you will not be rushed at any step of the process or be pressured to buy any more than you want to. I use the highest quality archival materials for all my products and work with the best printing and finishing companies.
We will help you make your Unforgettable Moments Last Forever!
Go ahead and book a coffee date so we can connect and you can ask any questions or address any concerns you may have. Coffee is on me at your favourite venue.
A WORD ABOUT SAFETY & PROPS
- Baby safety is my top priority. I will never use a prop or pose that is dangerous or put your baby in harms way. Many of my images are composite images where we use Photoshop to add 2 images together.
- The studio is kept VERY warm so your baby is comfortable and sleepy. I recommend wearing some layers to help you keep cool.
- My props and blankets are very carefully curated from around the world. I only source the very best materials that are soft and organic in texture. These are all available to use during your session. I focus on more muted tones likes creams, browns, peaches, blues and grays. I love to use textures and environmental elements. Once you have booked a session we will discuss your preferences.
- Every blanket and wrap that is used during your newborn session is washed in hyper allergenic, environmentally safe detergent. This is to ensure they are safe and hygienic for every baby.
To find out more or book your newborn photography session in Perth with me now, contact me online here.