CONGRATULATIONS ON THE SAFE ARRIVAL OF YOUR BABY!
Thank you so much for booking with Channon Williamson Photography
I cannot wait to meet you and your little cherub
A session with me is totally focused on your precious new baby and showing off those teeny tiny details which are all too soon forgotten
Every session is different and led by the baby. Some are more alert than others and I never force a bub into any pose. I spend a large part of the session comforting and slowly guiding them
I use a number of different blankets, props and bonnets and also make sure we get mum and bub, and dad and bub shots
I focus on beautiful soft organic textures and colours so your images will be timeless
Please let me know within 48 hours of your session if you have any specific colour or prop choices so I can try to make these happen for you
Most parents are concerned they will have to reschedule their appointment if the baby has jaundice or baby acne and this is NOT the case at all. I will edit and retouch all skin blemishes such as pimples and jaundice
HERE IS ALL THE INFO FOR YOU TO MAKE YOUR NEWBORN SESSION EASY, RELAXED AND STRESS FREE
Please try to be here at the time we schedule, but please don’t stress if you are running a few minutes late. I totally understand what it’s like to leave the house with a precious new little one. Just send me a quick text to let me know.
The location is: 30 Flora Trc Lesmurdie -Please use that as your GPS address, BUT before you get to my driveway – turn RIGHT onto ROSELLA Street and park on the left verge near the sign I will put out for you
I also have a few tips for getting a sleepy and happy baby. ♥
Please note: These tips are based on years of experience with babies and are in place to help you and baby enjoy a stress free session., however they are a guide, so please don’t do anything that stresses you out.:)
- The most important aspect of your session is getting bub to have a full belly. Please give your baby a FULL feed prior to leaving IF possible. If this is not possible – you are more than welcome to feed once you arrive
- PLEASE bring a dummy – even if you’re determined not to use one, sometimes it’s all they need to settle into a pose comfortably. YOU NEVER NEED TO USE IT AGAIN IF YOU DON’T WANT TO, and it absolutely won’t disrupt your breastfeeding
- Dress bub in something easy to remove (nothing that goes over the head, etc) and try and have the nappy as loose as possible. That would make things work really well and smoothly if they are sleeping when you arrive
- Please bring along an heirloom blanket or special trinket that we can incorporate into our shoot – if you have one.
- Something like this 4 generation bible handed down since 1884! I love telling your family’s unique stories and sometimes I am able to create a true art piece for you
- If you are doing family portraits with younger siblings we do these at the beginning and then I ask that you have a friend, dad or relative who can take younger siblings out or back home to help the session run smoothly and quickly. I use backdrop and light stands and younger siblings running around bored can be very unsafe for your newborn and toddler. I like to make sure all my attention is focused on your precious baby’s safety
- Please bring the sibling’s comfort toy/blanket – it helps to soothe them and feel more comfortable
- You can expect a couple of top up feeds while you are here to help soothe and resettle and also also, due to the warmth and stimulation. Keeping your baby’s belly full is really important for a newborn session
- It will be very warm in the shooting room – this is to help keep your baby comfortable and sleepy. The recommended temperature for this is usually around 30C. So make sure you bring layers for yourself as well
- Babies are very easily stimulated by strong smells so please AVOID wearing any strong perfumes (just for today) it will make it easier for you and me to get done as quickly and smoothly as possible
- Please bring a spare change of clothing for yourselves. Often when baby is naked they have little accidents which require clean clothes
- Bring some water and snacks and even a magazine to keep you busy – sessions can take up to 3 hours
- I understand everyone has their own theory about breastfeeding and mum’s eating habits, but in my experience if you can avoid acidic foods, sugary foods, coffee and especially chocolate for 48hours before the session – it really helps to keep your baby from getting tummy cramps and gas and helps the session go smoothly
- For family photos the best thing to bring is a beautiful stretch type top in a natural colour like cream or black. Something that covers the arms always works well. A black, charcoal, navy or dark green t-shirt or polo for dad. I also have a selection of tops and maternity gowns and wraps so if you want something a bit more special – I can do that for you too.
- If your baby is older than 21 days, we will most likely get more awake shots than sleepy shots and baby will most likely not pose like a traditional newborn shoot. However, you will still have a beautiful selection of family images, prop images and simple baby images to choose from.
If you need a little more help with what to wear I have prepared this guide for you: WHAT TO WEAR
We adore these colours
And HERE is a great example of what you can expect a gallery to look like:
If you have some time for some light reading THIS is a great article:
And a little food for thought…
The Last Time:
From the moment you hold your baby in your arms, you will never be the same. You might long for the person you were before, where you had freedom and time, and nothing in particular to worry about.
You will know tiredness like you never knew it before. Days will run into days that are exactly the same. Full of feedings and burping, nappy changes and crying, whining and fighting, naps or a lack of naps. It will seem like a never-ending cycle.
But don’t forget…
There is a last time for everything! There will come a time when you will feed your baby for the very last time. They will fall asleep on you after a long day and it will be the last time you ever hold your sleeping child.
One day you will carry them on your hip then set them down, then never pick them up that way again. You will scrub their hair in the bath one night and from that day on they will want to bathe alone. They will hold your hand to cross the road, then never reach for it again. They will creep into your room at midnight for cuddles, and it will be the last night you ever wake to this.
One afternoon you will sing “the wheels on the bus” and do all the actions with them, then you’ll never sing them that song again. They will kiss you goodbye at the school gate, then the next day they will ask to walk to the gate alone. You will read a final bedtime story and wipe your last dirty face. They will run to you with arms raised, and that will be the very last time.
The thing is, you won’t even know it’s the last time until there are no more times. And even then, it will take you a while to realize.
So while you are living in these times,
remember there are only so many of them and when they are gone, you will yearn for just one more day of them.
For one last time.
Thank you ♥